Keep Ontario Working - Media Backgrounder
TORONTO, ON. July 27, 2016 – In the coming months, Ontario’s leading industry and sector associations will work together through the Keep Ontario Working initiative to motivate employers and employees alike to take a more active interest in the Changing Workplaces Review and ensure that we are improving legislation to support workers’ rights and a prosperous economy. The Keep Ontario Working initiative is comprised of the province’s leading employer bodies, including:
- Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services
- Canadian Franchise Association
- Food & Beverage Ontario
- National Association of Canadian Consulting Businesses
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Ontario Forest Industries Association
- Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association
- Restaurants Canada
- Retail Council of Canada
- Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Other employers and employer groups.
With the Interim Report of the Changing Workplaces Review released today, the Special Advisors will begin a period of taking public comment before preparing a final report for Ontario’s Minister of Labour, the Hon. Kevin Flynn. The two Special Advisors leading the consultations: C. Michael Mitchell, formerly of Sack Goldblatt Mitchell LLP, and the Honourable John C. Murray, a former justice of the Ontario Superior Court and prominent management labour lawyer.